Sensory Charter Mark
Help create a society where people with sensory impairments have the same access to services and businesses as everyone else.
This doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive to achieve and so we have created this Charter Mark to support you to take the steps you need to open up your service. Our team of qualified specialists includes staff with sight and hearing impairments and so we are able to provide you with an expert, personalised and friendly service.
If you would like to know more or to request a Charter Mark please contact us.
What are the benefits to you?
- Opening up your businesses to over 13 million sensory impaired people in the UK.
- Improved customer / patient loyalty and positive feedback.
- It will support your business or service to meet the requirements of the Equality Act.
- NHS and Social Care providers will be supported to meet the NHS Accessible Information Standard.
- It may help improve CQC ratings.
- Any sensory impaired staff you may have will also be better supported.
Made up of four Quality Standards
- Front line public facing staff complete Sensory awareness training (sight, hearing and dual sensory).
- Buildings are audited and assessed as accessible.
- Information about products and services are provided in accessible formats.
- Staff are comfortable and familiar with the Text Relay service and supporting Deaf customers communication needs.
What do you get?
- Support with PR and marketing to publicise your award.
- An official certificate and Sensory Charter Mark window display sticker to display indicating your commitment to improving access for people with sensory impairments.
- Listing on this webpage and publicity through our social media.
- Ongoing support to maintain your accreditation and be re-accredited 2 years later.